Christmas in February

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So it's not December any more and I have been crazy busy with projects, surgeries, and keeping up with my kiddos. Life went on and my blog got left behind. My hand has healed, my studio is remodeled and organized, and life is calming down just a little bit.

So I'd thought I'd share something I made for the teachers in my kid's lives for Christmas. 


I have a TON of Starbucks Frappucinno bottles  that I have saved.  And yes we drank all those Frappucinno's ourselves. It was a sacrifice. I just cleaned those out, took the stickers off, filled them with chocolate and used SU paper and punches to make Santa's Belly. It was so fast and fun to make. My kids loved helping pour the chocolate . Although, I think they ate more than they put in there!


I like to have frames that I insert a 5x7 card for each holiday . This one took me all of ten minutes. I love the embossing powder from Stamp'n Up. I think it's my favorite item in the catalog. I'm sure you will see more embossing projects through out the year.  I actually switched frames mid way through the holidays because the black was just too harsh. I went with a silver frame with gold undertones instead and it looked much better. 



Last but not least is a combination of my husband's and my creativity. He designed our company Christmas card and we used Top Note Die for the Big Shot. We used the actual Top Note for another project but kept the frame and used it around his design. We then cut (very carefully) around our logo and used dimensionals to mount it onto the candle to give it a 3D effect. 

Now that my studio/office is cleaned up, I will be able to post more often. So stick around and see what else I have in store. 
As always, Make Life Creative!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hear your suggestions, questions, comments or just what you are working on at the moment. So Please comment!

ShareThis

 
Design by Deluxe Designs